Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Last Minute Planning

My last weekend in Morocco coincided with finals week. Therefore, I went to Azrou (a town that is 30 minutes away) twice over the weekend. On the first trip to this small but wonderful city, I had a mission. If you read my first blog, you are aware that I traveled to Morocco with three bags: a purse, a school backpack, and a backpacking backpack. I knew from the beginning that I would need to buy a suitcase. My Moroccan friend told me that we could get a cheap suitcase at two places: the Ifrane souq (market) or in the little medina of Azrou. We had tried the souq in Ifrane a few separate weekends; however, we did not find anything at a price I was willing to pay. So he and I traveled to Azrou.









In the 30-minute taxi ride to Azrou, my friend quizzed me for my Arabic final. Upon arriving we walked down many streets until we found a place that was selling multiple suitcases. We asked the price and bargained a little then left to search for another place. We did not find another place so we returned and bargained for a lower price.

 Upon returning to campus I began the packing process. To my luck, one of my friends had a hand-held luggage scale. If you have the extra money for this tool I would strongly recommend it. It is portable, small, and you will help everyone tremendously. 


One thing that I will most likely miss about Morocco is the number of clean cats wandering the streets. These cats, for the most part, are very well taken care of but are free to roam.



 As our last outing together ended with a beautiful sunset and the act of taking pictures during the "golden hour."

No comments:

Post a Comment